Though small is size, the Amla fruit, (more commonly known as gooseberry) is packed with nutritional value that helps to promote a more balanced and healthy diet. Some of the vitamins and minerals found in Amla include; Vitamin C, B5, B6, copper, protein, potassium, magnesium, and manganese. Below are some of the benefits:
- Helps to boost the Immune System due to its high vitamin C content when compared to other fruits such as apples or oranges.
- Enhances digestion by gently reducing acidity, while assisting with the absorption of nutrients for a healthier body.
- Natural antioxidants to protect the body against free radicals that contribute to cancer, obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and other conditions.
- Relieves inflammation and improves joint care.
- Minimizes unpleasant menstrual cramps if used regularly (at least two weeks prior).
- Helps to rid the body of toxins by strengthening the liver and the urinary systems.
- Excellent for the treatment of skin blemishes and acne, creating healthier skin and a toned complexion.
- With its active calcium component, it helps to minimize hair loss and preserves the natural color and promotes hair that is voluminous and healthy!