Turnips, parsnips and carrots combined with garlic, herbs and rosemary makes this dish extremely delicious and carb friendly. These root vegetables add color, perfect texture and tons of vibrant flavor and makes a great side dish.
Traditionally, roasting these veggies in the oven takes about 30 minutes but with the air fryer, you can cook them in literally 10 to 15 minutes. Also, cooking in air fryer takes very little oil, giving you a result similar to roasting. The vegetables turn out tender in the inside, crispy in the outside and is packed with flavor. Trust me its super quick, super healthy and super delicious at the same time.
- 1 round large turnip
- 1 long parsnip
- 3 medium long carrot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper or paprika
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 3 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Heat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Peel the parsnips and cut them into long thin sticks
- Peel the turnips and cut them into thin strips
- Peel the carrots and cut them into long strips too.
- Now combine the vegetables into a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil about 1 tb
- Toss in the minced garlic, dried parsley, crushed red pepper, lemon pepper, paprika and salt to taste.
- Mix all the herbs together to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Place the vegetables in one single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Roast the vegetables in the air fryer for about 15 minutes till the root vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Remove it and garnish with few sprigs of rosemary.
- Serve hot.